Fire Safe Occidental is a volunteer organization dedicated to promoting the safety of Occidental residents (that is, the area stretching from Camp Meeker on the north, Jonive Road on the east, Freestone on the South, and Coleman Valley on the west.) Technically, Fire Safe Occidental encompasses the entire Occidental Community Services District (OCSD), plus Burl Lane.
This is an early-stage volunteer organization with a 14-person steering committee.
Next Meeting: May 19, 2019, 3-5 PM location TBD
- Ready for Wildfire (http://www.readyforwildfire.org/Prepare-For-Wildfire/)
- HomeownersChecklist (https://www.fire.ca.gov/communications/downloads/fact_sheets/Checklist.pdf)
- Firewise Landscaping (http://sonomamg.ucanr.edu/Firewise_Landscaping/)
- Sonoma County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (http://www.firesafesonoma.org/main/sites/default/files/CWPP%20Final.pdf )
- Fire Safe Marin website (http://www.firesafemarin.org )
- KQED Forum program: (https://www.kqed.org/forum)
- related Cal Fire report: (https://www.kqed.org/news/11730769/cal-fire-report-urges-quick-action-to-protect-high-risk-towns-from-wildfire-threats)
- Your home can survive a Wildfire (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_syp1ZScM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR15aG8_-GpkJ4Y2UJrMTkow4uL0JaIvNL-w8mJUMPVm0LPFbsxL9WoOx1s )
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org