Fire Safe Occidental is a volunteer organization dedicated to promoting the safety of Occidental residents (that is, the area stretching from Camp Meeker on the north, Green Hill Road on the east, Freestone on the South, and Coleman Valley on the west.) Technically, Fire Safe Occidental encompasses the entire Occidental Community Services District (OCSD), plus Burl Lane.
This is an early-stage volunteer organization with a 10-person steering committee.
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/FireSafeOccidental/
January 12: Everything you wanted to know about generators 2PM at Salmon Creek School, 1935 Bohemian Highway, Occidental
January 21: “Thank you firefighters!” Community potluck to appreciate our firefighters and kickoff our 2020 FSO calendar. 5PM at CYO camp, 2136 Bohemian Highway, Occidental
Signup for our email list here: http://eepurl.com/gtAIq5
For more information contact email@example.com
Fire Safe Occidental has formed a non-profit, Safer West County, for our official educational and charitable purposes. To donate via PAYPAL
- Ready for Wildfire (http://www.readyforwildfire.org/Prepare-For-Wildfire/)
- HomeownersChecklist (https://www.fire.ca.gov/communications/downloads/fact_sheets/Checklist.pdf)
- Firewise Landscaping (http://sonomamg.ucanr.edu/Firewise_Landscaping/)
- Sonoma County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (http://www.firesafesonoma.org/main/sites/default/files/CWPP%20Final.pdf )
- Fire Safe Marin website (http://www.firesafemarin.org )
- KQED Forum program: (https://www.kqed.org/forum)
- related Cal Fire report: (https://www.kqed.org/news/11730769/cal-fire-report-urges-quick-action-to-protect-high-risk-towns-from-wildfire-threats)
- Your home can survive a Wildfire (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_syp1ZScM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR15aG8_-GpkJ4Y2UJrMTkow4uL0JaIvNL-w8mJUMPVm0LPFbsxL9WoOx1s )